Many an article looks at ambulance design, Paramedic training, policies and protocols but I’ve been wrestling with a different kind of barrier to quality: The Fleet Yard.
More specifically, I was wondering what your must have list is for an ambulance deployment center.
Is it indoors, well lit, vending machines, training on site, locker rooms, showers, supply techs, drive through ambulance wash…
Here’s my must haves if I could build a brand new facility:
- Drive through restocking and shift change
- Onsite mechanical repair
- Onsite scheduling, CQI and training
- Indoor secured fleet and employee parking
- Vehicle Service Techs for restocking
- In-unit mobile data gateway repair (after I get them installed that is)
- Crew lounge
- Locker rooms with full showers
Let me know what your must haves are, maybe you’re thinking of something I’m not.