Kilted brethren, we have a man in trouble!
The Granite City High School in St Louis has denied a student’s request to attend the prom in his family tartan kilt. The reason?
“[we] want men to dress like men.”
Before you get too fired up, take a deep breath. Oh hell, screw taking a deep breath, this kid needs our support. His primary appeal was denied and he’s taking the fight to the school board. Follow THIS link to get full story.
And when you’re done, email these folks and tell them a kilt IS a man’s article of clothing and celebrates a proud culture!
- Principal Jim Greenwald – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Superintendent of Schools Dr. Harry Briggs – email@example.com
- School Board President Ralph Burnett – firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Board Vice President Jerry McKechan – email@example.com
- School Board Secretary Ron Dillard – firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Board Treasurer Meghan Daily – email@example.com
- School Board Member Beverly Scroggins – firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Board Member Walt Whitaker – email@example.com
- School Board Member Carolyn Yates – firstname.lastname@example.org
I want their inboxes FLOODED with respectful messages from the Kilted to Kick Cancer gang. Don’t get angry and prove their point, just tell them why they’re making a huge mistake on the misunderstanding that a kilt is a dress.
I won’t mention the kid’s name here but it is in the linked article. I’m proud he’s not sitting down and taking this like they want him to, but standing up and fighting for his rights! I can only imagine how many young ladies will be pushing the definition of “appropriate” on that evening and all this kid wants to do is respect his heritage.
Let’s go Kilted Army! Let’s make this thing viral!