This year I resolve to:
- Stop trying to convince people that, “This is my first time in an ambulance. How about you?”
- Cut back on bad jokes on long transports. Heard the one about the one armed fisherman?
- Read the protocol updates when they come out, not when the training starts.
- Make sure everyone is wearing a seat belt.
- Cut dispatch a little slack when I ask for more info on a code 3 run and they say, “We’ll do a call back.”
- Get in at least an hour early and hope the idea catches on.
- Read my Firehouse Magazine front to back, not just Sirenhead cartoon to ads.
- Take a water rescue class. Maybe Scuba? OK, maybe just go swimming.
- Spend less time on the computer and more time with the family.
- Update this blog more often.
Happy New Year!